Comment posted Taxicab Sharing Confessions by Deloitte speaks.
To RadioFree. Cabbies want nice snazz & jazz cab for same daily price. What about the 8700 onesy twosy driver owners? Snazz & jazz cost, as already known, cannot fit into their economic, financial model. 2 or 3 hot-shot owners claiming 2500 medallion ownership, grabbing an extra $400,000 a year in bribes/tips each garage comes to millions of dollars to help them support fancy cabs (cabbie pays). And another 2500 medallions claimed by various smaller fleet garages, can they afford this snazz & jazz as well? It is a given, cabbies always want more for the lease price, and anything less than perfection, they are pointing out. This is only natural. But what about the 8700 onesy twosy owners working night and day to make something, to make an investment, the more snazz & jazz, the more they have to sell out to those bigs. The question is, does the NYC cab business want to support the HARD & GOOD work of these 8700 medallions who have devoted years and years to taking the ridership from point A to point B in plain, clean, safe cabs that do the trick? Remember, the “driver owners” [the onesy twosy's] are close to their few cabs and verify their good condition and verify their safe drivers. Embellishing NYC cab vehicles over what is needed from point A to point B slowly but surely puts the onesy twosies out of business, one by one. It is not healthy for the NYC cab business. In fact, all this glamour and horn-tooting only serves the “photo-ops and speak-shots” of the two politicians, Mayor Bloomberg and Commish Yassky. Riders are not served, although used as excuses. The Daus / Bloomberg reign destroyed an existing, thriving, safe NYC cab business. And that is why Daus was appointed, to do exactly that. When done, he moved on. As Yassky will move on when he is DONE with more destruction. Once all the 13,400 medallions are in the hands of the hot shots, with cabbie pay less and less, and more circus responsibilities, a cabbie will just be a rookie, unsafe necessity to pay the daily rent to the hot-shots, to the tune of billions of dollars. Safety of drivers, riders, and pedestrians in this cyclone scheme of corruption, means absolutely NOTHING to TLC.
Deloitte speaks also commented
- “riders would pay less, cabbies would earn more, road congestion would decrease.” >>> The cab-sharing!
- To RadioFree. A private driver said the other day he was going to replace his current cab, a FCV, with a FCV. He says he thinks they will make them up to 2012. Is that right? If they are going to do that, what about Ford makes the FCV in a nice 6 cylindar, which will cut emissions by 1/4, and gas cost for t he cabbie. They should have a 6 cyl version; maybe they do and I don’t know it. I also thought they were going to stop production 2010. What’s the real scoop?
- Imagine sharing a cab with strangers on the rainy day in the L, or Straight Partioned Altima or any Prius Hybrid cabs …, Trere is any space for my wet umbrella or back pack? If the “sharing” idea would not work, the city officials may add more busses tagged with medallions, then cabbies would not stop for shared fares! To have more legroom in the cab, they should remove the advertising cab-TV and start to install it to a roomier NYC busses, and that will help the MTA!!!
Recent comments by Deloitte speaks
- Drivers Lounge
Hey, my friends! Don’t forget to listen to 99.5 FM on Saturday by 12:00PM (noon)(Economic Update!)
- 7 questions for ‘Cash Cab’ host
Toll Cheat CAUGHT …http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Cab-Driver-RFK-Bridge-Tolls-Piggyback-Tailgate-255686391.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_NYBrand
- 7 questions for ‘Cash Cab’ host
these people just give wrong image about taxi business. the business of brokers, let him get us drivers life inside, how they work and how much money they make, tell tlc to show us an average income for taxi drivers after expenses, slavery of immigrants, working for free, shut off your show i hate taxi business and anyone who tries to give it a good reputation. but inside is a torcher against drivers who cant find a place to pee anymore in ny or a place to park to buy a slice of pizza, tickets for no reasons. stop driving. they must pay taxi driver 350$ steady money a week plus commission 35 percent on the job they do. is the real deal for drivers. getup drivers.
- More cabbies testing positive for cocaine and marijuana
+ sign can be crafted from white or neon colored paper n taped with clear tape in front of surcharge. I thinks it is worth it if u have steady car. Make severals n laminate them with tape.
Also a simple way to secure phone is using Velcro, one part on the dashboard, the other behind phone or phone case.
I found the USB car charger with two ports so two devices can be charged simultaneously. 7Eleven on 42 St 8-9Ave has it by the cashier under $10. That store also has key copying machine (no person does it). I don’t know it takes cash though, definetly credit/debit card. It has Amazon personal locker to keep some stuff. I’m not promoting the store, just for ur convenience.
- Drivers Lounge
Need a day driver for ford escape 2012, 4 shifts, sat day, sunday double and one more day shift. Kew Gardens or Richmond Hill, call 917-612-0468
powered by SEO Super Comments