Comment posted Hail no! Cabbies refuse boroughs by Junie.
I am so for these fines!!! NYC taxi cab includes all boroughs. I am a tired of having to deal with terrible treatment because of other people doings. I can care less about people jumping out of cabs, or your need to use the bathroom. It comes with the job! you know the stakes! if you can not complete the duties u signed up for then simply, find another job! IT is the worst. TO have to stand in the pouring down rain/cold/snow. to get from my job in the downtown area to my home in the bronx. I once even had a taxi who realized that my destination was in the bronx; try to drop me off at the bridge. 11:30pm. He tried to make me get out the car! because he refused to go to the bronx. PISS! is an understatement! all in all. it is even sadder that today; I am trying to find a way home from my job because I refuse to trust this faulty yellow cab system. who picks and choose where they feel like going. Just like you have people who may jump out on the fare, u have cab drivers who are charging higher rates to pocket some of my hard working money. it is a chance u and I are both taking. The sadder thing is you get paid to take it.
Junie also commented
- Please read two comments written by me just before your posting. I pledge here one more time that I WILL GO THROUGH TLC PROCEDURE TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ONCE AND FOR ALL. Just give me some time by this summer. I have a dozen more innovative solutions to improve taxi service for drivers and 300 million riders a year(? this I am not sure). I studied French in my country which is not good at making money but I studied marketing in US and I will do my work to increase the size of pie currently shrinking and nibbled up by rats and bugs. We have problems in four Ps: Product (taxi service nobody is doing nothing new in this system) Place (distribution of service to outerboros) Promotion (except for all others on rooftops) Price (fare and leasing fee). I found my purpose.
- This outerboro cab plan may be good for residents but only intraboro not interboro needs. Queen-based cab will refuse to go to Staten Island or Bronx, and Bronx to Staten Island. They all should hate to come to Manhattan in theory but they will love to come into Manhattan let’s say in evening. Now how passengers will return to their boros late at night? By yellow cabs legally in theory, but they will take available outerboro cabs conveniently. Now the city made a precedent whatever illegal practiced long enough will be recognized and rewarded into legality. Maybe illegal gun buying too? Now I am going too far off the subject. The big difference is restrained practice with illegality keeping undesirable outcomes at bay versus rampant practice with legality right in front of face. This game constraints are: 1> more outerboro residents will come into exclusive yellow cab territory which is Manhattan 2> illegal for other cabs to pick up 3> yellow cabs don’t like to go outerboro when busy but can’t allow outerboro cabs picking up either. THE WINNER OF THE GAME IS: THE ONE who will enable all passengers to go out of Manhattan paying no extra fare without any refusal by Yellow Cabdrivers who will LOVE to go anytime anywhere in NYC. Nobody solved this so far. I like to solve it in an innovative way.
- We, as drivers and riding public, are all victims of incompetent system of NYC transportation. Tell me any other mode of mobility within NYC which is smooth, efficient, hassle free making sence: MTA subway, bus, car service, pedicap, bike, horse carriage, food vendor cart, delivery truck, discout long distant bus, ferry, preventible elevator or helicopter accident – as I mentioned it, I have an eerie feeling of one coming soon, knock knock. I had it myself and I am determined to do something to solve the ongoing problem at least this outerboro refusal by taxi in innovative way. This has to be solved for five boroughs under the one name of great NYC. See what contribution we will make to the development of Bushwick community if residents have easy access to Manhattan. Our adorable mayor ( I mean it he brought 55 million record tourists last year) needs some help. I pledge myself here openly so that I make myself more committed and accountable.
- Why doesnt TLC make customers pay for outer boroughs first,,,with $ or cc?
If fare is less they get return funds? Its so simple. The tlc doesnt care if the passenger runs away. They say file police report, then we lose $50 more for waiting in police station?
- If you tried to catch the cab at about 4pm -5pm it could be true that the shift change for most. if not, you got screwed!
Recent comments by Junie
- Wireless glitch cause taxi credit card outage
The September individual sales are in and the medallion can’t be sold. No buyers at $800,000. Bloomberg is keeping his word. Oh..there was a foreclosure. Probably someone who bought high.
- Drivers Lounge
Do you guys know why cops prefer to pull over any cabdriver every day and write tickets?
- Drivers Lounge
(Yellow Cab)Looking for Long Term Night Shift Driver 5pm-5am. Maximum 2 points and no smoking in the car! Must have 1 week advance lease and 1 week deposit. 2012 Toyota Camry and still running Strong! Change in Lower East Side/Manhattan
Call or Text 646-285-5566
- Drivers Lounge
NEED NIGHT DRIVER FOR TOYOTA CAMRY FOUR CYLINDER 2012. LEASE IS $800 MUST LIVE AROUND JACKSON HEIGHT QUEEN. #CELL 6466451072
- Drivers Lounge
Need Night Driver living around Jackson Height. Lease is $800 for Toyata Camry four cylinder 2012 Cell#6466451072